Personal Finance Is Personal

Personal finance is personal. That's a nice quote I first heard from Fitz Villafuerte. When he used it, and when I repeat it, usually it's in the context of people having to make their own decisions when it comes to how they will invest. But apparently it's a bit more than that.

A while back, I read a post in facebook from a finance coach. I may be taking things out of context, but what I read was his reason why he charges a fee for his advice.

He brought up a good point. Basically he says he charges a fee because he wants to work with people who are serious about getting their finances in order (not his exact words, but that was the gist I got). If you're willing to pay, then you are taking your finances seriously.

This mindset not only applies to a coach's advice. This can also include buying books and attending paid seminars.

I obviously have a different view.
Read more »